Tuesday, July 24, 2007

More Readers Want To Know the Secrets

I make now secret about my motives in producing the Harry Potter Marketing Secrets blog.

I'm here to:
  1. Try out new idea for marketing books
  2. Share my finding with authors that want to sell more books
  3. Network with other online promoters that would like to build their mailing lists

While I'm not a fan of Harry Potter, I do love books, and really like what the people at Scholastic are doing with this franchise. I think they are geniuses.

Imagine.. the largest first run ever for a book.. yet they have managed to convince millions that the book was so exciting that it was a good idea to wait in line in the middle of the night just to buy a copy.

If you have a book or business to promote, I hope you are paying close attention to the magic of Harry Potter. Study and emulate the best ideas... this is the best selling book ever. What more proof do you need that these ideas work?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Warren,

I would have to agree with you on the remarkable marketing strategy of the last of a series of "Harry Potter" books. It's amazing how people awaited it's arrival almost like the "IPhone" It doesn't hurt to include that the author is well-recognized and on the best-sellers list of book authors.
Thanks.
Sue Chartock

Alexi Frest said...

Instead of criticising HP you might as well share real informations about HP marketing, in my opinion.